RE: [amibroker] Wedges

Louw, If we all agreed then
there would be no opportunities to make (or lose) money in the market. Besides
it could just be someone making adjustments to their portfolio, pulling some
early profits or trying to hold the price down just a little
longer.

Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Louw-Roux
  Coetzer [mailto:louwcoetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, 20
  November 2003 5:19 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Wedges
  Hi
  Graham !
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>Thanks for pulling my mind straight again - as you
  probably know - a person's mind gets caught in certain way's of looking and
  sometimes it's like looking at the clouds - one person will see a fat Wolf
  & another might see a little Lamb ...
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>
  Just
  a quick mind bender - if people want to make money on the stock exchange (
  normal stock exchange not derivatives etc ) why the heck do the sell ?  I
  was checking out movement again today on a share I own...it is running in a
  tight consolidation ...and just when the Volumes are in position to help it
  break out - some idiot puts a lower Offer in WHY WHY WHY WHY - they should
  keep people like that far away from the market as possible...
  LOL
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>Cheers & Happy trading !
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>
  <SPAN
  class=531351309-20112003>Louw

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
    [mailto:gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: 20 November 2003 11:05
    AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Wedges
    I would almost suggest
    it is just a new trend. Are you viewing in log scale, which may just show
    the rise as a channel of same percent width.
    <FONT
    face=Arial>
    Another personal
    observation would be that it is a rising trend with increasing
    volatility giving it a very unstable situation.
    <FONT
    face=Arial>
    You can read a lot of
    things into charts that may not be there or that may have passed. An example
    if you had drawn it a couple of weeks ago is that the pattern could
    just be a rising channel and the last peak broke out of the rising
    resistance line but could not be sustained.
    <FONT
    face=Arial>
    Charting is very much
    in the eye of the beholder, regardless of all the rules and pretty
    patterns that have been written (and regurgitated) by many. I tend to
    make my own rules depending on my experience, my eye and the charts I
    view.

    Cheers,Graham<A
    href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
    href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

      <FONT
      face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Louw-Roux
      Coetzer [mailto:louwcoetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, 20
      November 2003 4:47 PMTo:
      amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
      Wedges
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Hi there all,
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Just a easy question that is confusing me a wee bit ....What is the
      technical significance of a "Rising Widening Wedge" against & with a
      trend...see pic for example...is it the same as a "Narrowing Wedge " with
      & against a trend ?
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Kind regards
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Louw Coetzer

      <FONT face=Arial
      color=#0000ff size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
      bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
      <A
      group FAQ at: <A
      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.