Re: [amibroker] custom sell types not working

Hi Dave,

i think you might be referring to this capability( i found it in some random
notes i keep on cool features):
"Such numbers are displayed when exit signal (sell or cover)
is not 1 (true) but some higher number.

This is used by ApplyStop/Equity to mark exits generated by stops

This is explained in
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=EQUITY

As you can see there are some reserved numbers:
1 - regular exit
2 - max. loss
3 - profit target
4 - trailing
5 - ruin stop
6 - n-bar stop

If you assign the number higher than 6 to either sell or cover you will get
Long( number ) or Short (number)

displayed in the result list. This is quite useful if you want to display
additional information about the reason of exit.

Say

... your rules here ....

Sell = IIF( DayOfWeek() == 5, 10, Sell ); // exit long trades on friday and
mark it on the report

You will get Long( 10 ) displayed in the trade list for trade that were
exited by the rule above (exit at friday)"

-john