[amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve

That's kinda what I did.  Short term, average trade length of about 3
days, but looked at the long side in isolation.  Now if you believe
equity feedback works, that's good enough for me to at least take
another look.  Because I'm *always* looking for ways to squeeze more
out of my systems and as I said, only did a quick and dirty analysis
then dropped it.  Do you have any code you'd recommend?  Thanks.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> imho Equity feedback can only be expected to work in short term
trading
> systems, i.e. something like 1 to 5 day trades.
>
> It would make sense to use separate equity curves for Long and Short
> positions. The L&S composite equity curve may go up while the Short
equity
> curve is going down, same for the Long side. The feedback equity
array
> should be sampled with the last trade of the same type, i.e. do not
include
> the last Long trade period in the evaluation of the Short equity,
this is
> essentially a Cash priod for the Short equity and carries no
information -
> unless your system is perfectly symmetrical...
>
> herman.

Without
>   > equity feedback, those trades add to your bottomline and make a
big
>   > difference i found. However, you are always taking the trades
that
>   > take you back under the equity curve. This is certainly an
>   > interesting approach and requires further study perhaps with
other
>   > data sets.
>   >
>   > Tomasz: Thanks a lot for the portfolio backtester..its
>   amazing..look
>   > forward to seeing the pyramiding feature implemented in the
future
>   > hopefully
>   >
>   > best regards to all
>   > g
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > using  and found that one potential problem with using equity
curve
>   > to start/stop your system
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen"
>   > <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
>   > > Metastock is a few years behind me :-)
>   > >
>   > > Yes it is great fun to create combos; systems build up from
>   > several systems.
>   > > You can use the signals from a slow system to qualify signals
>   from
>   > a fast
>   > > system (like a trend qualifier). Or you can use the Long
equity
>   > from slow
>   > > system one as a trend indicator for system number two. You can
>   > even pack a
>   > > large number of systems (perhaps including some duplicate
systems
>   > but with
>   > > different parameters) into one piece of code and optimize for
the
>   > best
>   > > signal combination from the lot of them. When you separate
Long
>   > and Short
>   > > equities they can become trend indicators for the system under
>   > test, it
>   > > uniquely reflects the trend sensitivities for the system, much
>   > better then a
>   > > totally unrelated trend indicator... imho
>   > >
>   > > Unlimited possibilities, aren't you glad you bought AmiBroker
:-)
>   > >
>   > > herman
incorporate the
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   > >   Check group FAQ at:
>   > >
>   > >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   > Service.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx