[amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve (TradeSim)

Glenn
TradeSim is a great product.  There are users of AB that use
TradeSim also, myself included.  Chuck Rademacher has written some
code which you will find in the files section - Convert.exe - which
converts the Old AB Backtests to TradeSim Data Files ( I haven't
tried it with new backtester but I suspect it may not work - Please
correct me if I'm wrong Chuck).  Other options are to use the one of
the table handling Pluggins such as Osaka to build a Text Trade
Database file for use in TradeSim.  This option also enables you to
make full use of TradeSims ranking capabilities.  As AB improves I
find myself using TradeSim less, but I still test any potentially
favorable system with TradeSim.  The Monte Carlo analysis, worst
case scenarios and the ability to exclude those exceptional large
winning trades from the analysis, along with pyramiding etc adds to
the confidence one has in a system.
Andrew