RE: [amibroker] Re: Index formula assistance

Jmb,

Then
simply change X to the current chart by eliminating the foreign call
so....
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT
face="Courier New">y=foreign("SPY","C");\\insert your index of choice
herestrength=c*y;plot(strength,"Sector
Strength",4,1);
here
we always multiply the currently selected charts close against the close value
of SPY or you could run in an exploration to see the calculation of the SPY
close multiplied by the close of each stock by adding
<SPAN
class=416552119-11112003>
<SPAN
class=416552119-11112003>addcolumn(strength,"Sector
Strength");

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: jmbruegge
[mailto:jmbruegge@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 2:10
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Index formula assistanceJayson -thanx for the
reply - It looks great but what if i wanted to make the "X" variable change
anytime I plug in a new quote and keep the "Y" a constant with the S&P
500 ?  This way whatever quote I am looking up (usually a sector
quote)can be run against the S&P 500 for a strength comparison chart. It
looks like with this current formula i would have to go in each time and
edit my actual formula where the X information is.Any thought
(anyone) - thanks in advancecheersjmb--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> You
could find the values using foreign.> >
x=foreign("XLF","C");> y=foreign("SPY","C");\\insert your index of choice
here> strength=x*y;> > plot(strength,"Sector
Strength",4,1);> > Regards,> Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: jmbruegge [mailto:jmbruegge@xxxx]> Sent:
Monday, November 10, 2003 5:10 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Index formula assistance> > >
Greetings all -> > I am trying to come up with a chart showing the
following scenario :> > " The S&P Financial Index iShare
(symbol= XLF) multiplied by the S&P> 500 Index"> > so
it would show $26.62  x  1046.20  = 27849.84> > and
then graphing this out on a chart. Does anyone know if and how I> could
write a formula for this ?> > I am trying to demonstrate sector
index strength versus the overall> market .> > All help is
appreciated.> > > cheers - jmb> > >
>       Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>
> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>