[amibroker] Re: Flat Base High Volume breakout scan?

Ken,
any number of bars [lookback=100 in the example, the "blue" period],
create the parallel channel *for this period* and chack for probable
breakouts *after* this period with

H0=H;L0=L;C0=C;O0=O;
Lookback=100;
shift=50;x0=LastValue(Cum(1));
x1=x0-shift;
H=Ref(H,-shift+1);L=Ref(L,-shift+1);
H1=LastValue(Ref(HHV(H,Lookback),-1));
L1=LastValue(Ref(LLV(L,Lookback),-1));
Plot(H1,"H1",colorYellow);
Plot(L1,"L1",colorYellow);
H=H0;L=L0;C=C0;O=O0;
up=Cross(H,H1) AND Cum(1)>x1;
dn=Cross(L1,L) AND Cum(1)>x1;
Plot(C,"Close",IIf(Cum(1)>x1-Lookback AND Cum(1)<=x1,colorBlue,IIf
(Up,colorBrightGreen,IIf( Dn,colorRed,colorBlack))),64);
PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow*(Cum(1)==x1+1),colorBlue);

It was posted some time ago, no problem, I post it here again, but,
please, let me speak for my priorities, if any...
And, another issue:If a formula offers some solution according to its
description, it is not fair to say "However, Dimitris' solution would
only plot ...", because Dimitris' solution did not promiss anything
more, as far as I remember...
Dimitris Tsokakis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511