Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs Metastock

Thanks for the comments Andrew. It sounds like I will be going with AB, because I also like the features of the program. But like you say, a slightly steeper learning curve. Could you offer any advice on how I could more quickly overcome the learning curve.? Such as a particular text either on AB or on programming/writing formula's? Any suggestions from an expert would be appreciated.
Regards, David.
Andrew <a.perrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Davidlike many others now using Amibroker, I came from a metastock background.  If fact I still maintain my shares Database in Metastock format and use a supplied pluggin to read data into AB.  I did this in the mistaken belief I would still use Metastock, I don't.  As many others have said, slightly stepper learning curve but far more flexible in its ability to do things.  Andrew--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "opvue2000" <opvue2000@xxxx> wrote:> Hi, > Would any one like to comment on the value of using AmiBroker vs > Metastock pleaee. I certainly prefer the look of AB, but know little > about programming and coding, although I am prepared to learn.> MS looks more user friendly, but I am aware that it is also more of > a heavily marketed product. Meaning they want as much
 of my money as > they can get.> Comments appreciated.> > David.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?