[amibroker] Re: Prosizer Followup

Mark,

I suspect that the numbers Alex is looking for are in terms of
dollars as opposed to percent not only because of what you stated but
also because this is the way most futures traders usually look at
things and I think Alex most naturally fits in that classification.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
<quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> Looking at this closer... using profit/trade in $ as opposed to %
> terms can introduce a whole bunch of complications, especially when
> comparing results on different issues or even on the same issue if
> there's a significant change in price during the test period,
> depending on system test settings.  With that said, obviously this
guy
> knows that from just guesstimating the brainpower required to put
> a package like this together.  So it seems as if this product is
more
> oriented toward developing/comparing/contrasting position sizing
> strategies on specific issues... looks like it's well worth the $37
> for just the "hands-on" education on position sizing methodologies
> alone.  I still personally prefer a generic MCS package where you
can
> brew your own but will probably buy this anyway and play with it to
> see what ideas I can get.  Would be nice, BTW, if the graphs for
> return% maxdd, etc. had numbers on the x axis.
>
> Ken, to address your question, let me put what's required for input
> into specific terms for the board.  You'd need to somehow coax the
> following out of AB in 3 columns, with each row providing numbers
on a
> *per trade* basis.  Anyone care to take a stab?
>
> 1. Closed trade profit/loss in $
> 2. Risk (stop loss) in $ at trade entry
> 3. 20 day ATR at trade entry
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> > Fred:  you got your message "reply to" mixed up it seems.
> >
> > I read the FAQ line by line.  No help for the question I asked.
> What
> > would be the AB outputs.
> >
> > Profit per trade is obvious.
> > Volatility could be ATR (but of course that does not show up in
the
> > trade report but can be generated)
> > What about Stops?  What number is that from AB?
> >
> > Ken

participating
> > in the
> > anyone, no