[amibroker] Re: Backtesting and statistics

This is exactly what I was talking about.  Chi-square with Yates
correction is a special case for stuff like this, UM, but it is
controversial and sometimes it overcorrects, sometimes it
undercorrects.  Some statisticians say use it some say don't.  Not to
mention the issue of trying to map a discrete distribution of counts
to a continuous distribution.  With all that said, I still personally
think it's a great, blunt tool but only if you know the nuances. BTW,
Merrill's article used it to test the statistical significance of
*indicators* and I think that's a very creative application.  Also UM,
*your* second result is wrong.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> For example:
>   W=70, L=30 gives 15.21
>   W=10, L=90 gives 24.01
> Isnīt here the second result wrong?
> IMHO the ChiSquare formula seems to work
> correct only for W>=50, or it needs some
> modification to handle also W values <50 correctly.
> UM

NbrOfTotalTrades

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511