[amibroker] Re: CMO Improvements Was: Robustness Challenge

Dave, I suggest using Volatality as a filter for your trades.  I
would avoid high volatality instruments as they have high risk
(drawdowns).  I wait for the volatality to decrease, before
initiating a reversal (trend-change) position.  Also I use a stop
just below the high/low based on short, intermediate and long-term
Gann Swing points (Rule of Eights), so that you can quickly exit the
trade if it goes against me, with minimal loss using Anti-Martingale
method for MM.

But if you are day-trading high volatality can be my advantage if I
use efficient MM strategies like the Martingale Method.  I never use
stops for day-trading, instead I use limits and 3BSMA stop from the
next session onwards.  Of course, one should be able to distinguish
between a day-trading signal and a short, intermediate and long-term
trend-change signal...

rgds, Pal
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511