[amibroker] Price with or without dividends (was US stocks database)

Dividends are a pain. They should be "in" the price and "not in" at
the same time. They need to be in the price to calculated profit and
loss correctly. But if they are in the price, then what our charting
software will show us about their behavior in the past will NOT be
what that behavior would have looked like at the time.

In real time, the day the dividend is paid the stock should drop in
price by the value of the dividend. But if the dividend is put back
in the price, there will be no price drop on that day.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> John,
>
> If I remember correctly, there are some files with a rudimentary
breakdown of funds, but nothing like the US stocks template that
Tomsaz created.

> Keep in mind that if you are downloading free funds data from
Yahoo or E-Signal, neither are backadjusted for dividends.
Consequently, they're pretty useless IMHO.  I bit the bullet, and
bought a QP subscription.

> Regards,
> Gary
>
> johnblank2003 <jhgblank@xxxx> wrote:
> I used the "US stocks database template"  with great sucess and it
> is a wonderfully easy to set up the database. Now I wonder if
there
> is a similar way to set up a Mutual Funds database that classifies
> the funds acording to objective?
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx