[amibroker] Re: On Robustness, Post #1 -- efficient mechanics

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> mark, a couple questions about how you actually implement test #1.
other
> folks' ideas on efficient ways to do these things much appreciated
too.

> - do you test the NAZ and S&P 100s separately, or as a combined
collection?
> in the spirit of not wanting one group to carry the other, I'd guess
> separately.

Separately, but this is only my lazy prescreen, not to mention that
one reason why I use it in the first place is I like to trade these
stocks.  I probably shouldn't have mentioned it at all.  The only test
I'd recommend is the full one (criterion #1).  Most people on this
board could probably make up a better single basket pre-screen of
small, mid and large caps on their own than the ND100 & SP100. I've
been meaning to do so but haven't gotten around to it.

> - do you run the two sets of stocks separately through each of the 3
time
> periods manually, or do you have a script to automate some of it?

Manually.

> - how do you figure out the fraction of stocks that were profitable,

Sort and count, lol.  Also see my post on criterion #2.

 since
> the portfolio tester doesn't currently break results down by stock?
or
> haven't portfolio-based strategies come up for this kind of research
yet for
> you?

Yes, they have, but let's take this one step at a time.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511