RE: [amibroker] Re: On Robustness, Post #1

<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have said anything, now
we're lost in a murgle of unclear words that I'm not sure is worth
untangling.
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>I thought you were saying, actually you did say, that
statistics and measures of past profitability weren't a good way to evaluate
system reliability. you proposed examining the underlying theory behind the
method instead.
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>now here, you're saying that we need "simulation". what
exactly is simulation, if not statistics on past
performance?
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>color me lost. not in general, I hope, but in this
conversation for sure. oh well.
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>dave
<SPAN
class=705340821-02112003>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Dave, that is why we
  need simulation.  It is easy to measure validity once you have a good
  grasp of the theory.rgds, Pal--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx> wrote:> Pal, how would you
  think about the validity of a theory without considering> whether
  it actually worked or not in practice?> > dave> >
  > > Al, I'm not disputing the usefulness of statistics.  Far
  from it.> > I'm merely stating that in my view, it is misleading to
  exclude> > individual systems using past measures of
  profitability.