[amibroker] Re: Robustivity

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Group,
>
> "I would of, I could of, I should of..."
>
> 1.  This exact system was presented over a year ago at this forum
> 2.  The charts are OOS (since, it's been posted publicly forever)
> 3.  Rules are simple:  Buy the opening of the next day when the
CMO5 closes below -34 and sell when it triggers above 34.

> Works on most issues (raw).  Works better if:
>
> a.  You take trades only with the trend
> b.  You protect yourself from large drawdowns (stop)
> c.  You conjure a profit target (limit)
> d.  You put in a time stop
>
> This is the guts of an indicator and a logical systematic
approach.  Whistles and bells are optional (but, in my opinion
necessary).  Again, if you start with a pig, the prom dress doesn't
make it look any better.  Don't hang ornaments on a twisted
Christmas tree.

> And, btw:  Are we talking about Wink Martindale, the game-show
host?  Martingale/anti-Martindale discussions are the epitome of
mental masturbation.  Geez, let's get real.

> Take care,
>
> Steve

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.