[amibroker] Re: Managing drawdowns (was % channels)

I Detect a signal with my primary trading system then Verify it with
OB/OS conditions (secondary trading systems) before it becomes a
verified (validated) signal.  Additionally I also Interpret it using
volatality to determine as to whether it is a trend-change pullback
or a breakout.  In my view Verification is more difficult than
Detection and Interpretation is more difficult than Verification.  I
call this the DVI (Detection, Verification and Interpretation)
technique, a term borrowed from the SETI (Search for Extra-
Terrrestial Intelligence) project.  In the case of an alien (extra-
terrestial) broadcasted Detected signal, it is Verified by receiving
the same signal in another location in space which is at one of the
vertices of an equilateral triangle in the same plane.  Naturally the
Interpretation of such an alien broadcasted signal would be even more
complex than its Detection and Verification.  In my case, the
Detected signal is Verified by another time-frame and also by the
secondary systems and interpreted by volatality....

rgds, Pal

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511