[amibroker] Re: Systems

"Thinking" is the only coin noble enough to buy life.

Ayn Rand

rgds, Pal
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/50714
> "II. This is fascinating work you are doing lately, especially this
approach to trendline drawing.  I have been most pleased with your
RSIMACD II, but lately have seen deterioration in results due, I
believe, to the upwardly slanted (manipulated?) corrective behavior,
that would long ago have resolved itself into the normal succession
of direction followed subsequently by correction so typical of
markets much of the time where ATR is sufficient to produce
substantial profit trading OB OS"

> A grail-less system is good for some period but not for ever.
> Some elementary criteria may save the sweet profits.[Equity should
not be below its 100MA, for example]
> Some other, more detailed, criteria may advise to stop the system
before it is too late [the Slope of the 100MA should not be negative]
> For more sophisticated techniques, the Inspection Points are
already exposed in detail.
> The end of April2003 was the last warning that the market has
changed [and the trading style could not remain the same, IMO...]
> After the end of May2003 there was no excuse to follow the decline
of a system that gave you profits during the collapse !!
> [A +120% is surely worse than +200% but, for a two years period is
not bad at all...]
> May has, like every May, 31 total [trading or not trading] days,
more than enough to prepare the change of the style.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511