Re: [amibroker] Re: Question about enhanced backtest reports

Fred wrote:

> With regards to PositionScore= statement, see the ReadMe from the
> latest beta.

Thanks, Fred.  I'll dig it out again.

> With regards to continuous contracts, maybe not MORE accurately but I
> wouldn't think less accurately either, especially if they are
> properly created.

That phrase "properly created" hides a whole lot of complexity.  Somewhere
on the Net, someone wrote a really good account of the issues to be
considered in creating continuous contracts.  If I can locate it again, I'll
forward a link.  In any case, the simplified treatment was complicated
enough for me.

FWIW, my estimates of the errors are right in line with those I have read
from much more experienced analysts.  I strongly recommend trying at least a
couple of comparisons between tests with continuous contracts and the same
techniques and periods on individual contracts.  I think the results will
surprise, disappoint, and probably scare you.  And if not, I'd love to hear
about it.

Owen

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511