  >From:
  Phsst
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 11:40
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: trailing stop
  question from new user

  Jim,Yes, you have missed something obvious here...Tomasz
  told you twice that in order to accomplish what you want, thenyou must use
  something similar to the example looping code he postedin his first
  response.And I made a post with the Subject line of "Trailing Stop
  Example",that gave you an even closer solution to what you want to
  accomplish.But you don't seem to want follow the suggested approach,
  so youcontinue to try to fit a square peg into a round hole.In
  order to backtest a trailing stop condition as you described, you*MUST*
  resort to the looping approach that was presented to you. Thereis no other
  choice based upon the current capabilities of AB.I can tell you from
  experience that if you don't understand why thisis so, then there is
  something fundamental that you don't understandabout AB AFL... and in that
  case then go back and make a 2nd or 3rdpass thru the AFL
  Tutorial.Regards,Phsst--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "jwilsonp2a" <j1wilson@x...>
  wrote:> Tomasz,> > I understand your first point about
  Volatile=True. As far as > modifying BuyPrice and SellPrice, I took
  those two lines:> > BuyPrice=Max(BuySTOP,Low);>
  SellPrice=Min(SellSTOP,High);> > directly from the user guide.
  Am I missing something obvious here?> > Thanks, Jim>
  > > > --- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz
  Janeczko" <amibroker@x...> >
  wrote:> > Hello,> > > > No the code is
  incorrect.> > If you use Volatile = False (and you do in your
  code)> > the value of stop is locked at entry bar it> > it
  does not change during the trade.> > > > You would need to
  use Volatile = True.> > > > Second error is modifying
  BuyPrice and SellPrice arrays.> > These are reserved variable names.
  Should be used> > as INPUT for backtester to change the prices of
  ordinary> > entries/exits (not exits by stop).> > >
  > As I wrote already the stop you want to achieve could> > be
  programmed with the loop that I already posted code for.> > >
  amibroker.com> > ----- Original Message ----- > > From:
  "jwilsonp2a" <j1wilson@x...>>
  [amibroker] Re: trailing stop question from new user> > >
  > > Can you please comment on this, from my earlier post?> >
  could> > > vary the trailing stop percentage with a
  variable:> > > (comments please !!)> > > >
  =====================================================================>

  =====================================================================>
  > > SellSTOP=(ValueWhen(Buy,Ref(High,-1),N=1));> > > /*
  LOCK IN A FIXED STOP PRICE ON DAY OF ENTRY */> > > > >
  > BuyPrice=Max(BuySTOP,Low);> > >
  SellPrice=Min(SellSTOP,High);> > > > > >
  profit_percent=((100 * (High - BuyPrice)/BuyPrice) >= 10);> >

  ApplyStop(2,1,trail_stop_percent,True,False);> > > /* IF PROFIT
  IS AT LEAST 10%, USE 3% TRAILING STOP, ELSE 100% */> > > >
  > > Sell=Close < SellSTOP;> > > /* OTHERWISE USE
  ABSOLUTE STOP LOSS OF Inside Day High ON SETUP > */> > >

  =====================================================================>

  =====================================================================>

  =====================================================================>

  =====================================================================>
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz
  Janeczko" > <amibroker@x...>
  > > > wrote:> > > > Hello,> > > >
  > > > You can not change this bar-by-bar.> > > >
  User's > Guide > > > for profit target.> > >
  Profit-target stop in > AFL: > > > */> > >
  > Buy = Cross( MACD(), Signal() );> > > > > >
  > > priceatbuy=0;> > > > > > > > for( i
  = 0; i < BarCount; i++ )> > > > {> > >
  >      if( priceatbuy == 0 && Buy[ i ] )
  ];> > > > > > >
  >      if( priceatbuy > 0 && SellPrice[
  i ] > 1.1 * priceatbuy )> > >
  >      {> > >
  >        Sell[ i ] = 1;> >
  > >        SellPrice[ i ] = 1.1 *
  priceatbuy;> > > >
  priceatbuy = 0;> > > >      }>
  href="">j1wilson@x...>> > > > To:
  Subject: [amibroker] trailing stop question from new user> > >

  > > Hi,> > > > > > > > > > I am
  trying to implement a two tiered stop loss, one part > being >
  > > a > > > > > trailing stop, the other a fixed
  stop. I want a 3% trailing > stop > > > if > >
  > > > I am at least 10% profitable, else I want a fixed stop loss
  > > > price.> > > > > > > > >
  > I thought I had it, but can't quite figure out how to > utilize a
  command. It is > > > the "x" I > > > > > just
  showed that needs to be a 1 to enable, or a 0 to > disable.>
  code:> > > > > > > > > >
  ==================================================> > > > >
  .> > > > > .> > > > > .> >
  > > > BuyPrice = Max(BuySTOP,Low);> > > > >
  SellPrice = Min(SellSTOP,High);> > > > > > > >
  > > profit_ten_percent = (((High - BuyPrice)/BuyPrice) >=
  0.10);> > > > > enable_stop =
  IIf(profit_ten_percent,1,0);> > > > > > > >
  > > ApplyStop(2,enable_stop,3,True,False);> > > > >
  Sell = Cross(SellPrice,Low);> > > > >
  ==================================================> > > > >
  up. Is this > > > strategy > > > > > even
  possible? I would greatly appreciate any help on this.> > > >

  href="">bugs@x...> > > > > Send
  SUGGESTIONS to suggest@x...> > >
  Groups is subject to > > > <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  href="">suggest@x...> > >
  > <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP,
  Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or
  more to the US & Canada.<A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
  BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.530
  / Virus Database: 325 - Release Date: