From: Ed [mailto:reach1136@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 27 October 2003 5:03 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Price Window

Ken thank...I thought this might be the case.  Unfortunately, I am
not a very experience programmen...can you or somone point me to an
example of an indicator with this code (e.g. for candlesticks
represnting price) so that I can learn how to do it?

ANd I do like AB much better than MetaStock os foar.

Ed

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Ed: you are not doing anything wrong, you are still learning...
>
> You do not overlay an indicator on the standard price window.
Rather
> you plot the price in the same indicator code so they then are in
the
> same pane.  If the values are widely different it will not be very
> readable, so one or the other variable being plotted needs to have
> "styleOwnScale" included in the plot statement.
>
> Again, if you have the Price default set to line chart and you wish
> open a window with candlesticks in it, you have to plot price in the
> Indicator Builder and tell it to plot candlesticks.  Look up Graphs
in
> the help file for all details on plotting.
>
> I just reopened Metastock after not having used it since Mar, 2002
(I
> wanted to see Three Line Break charts and did not know that these
can be
> produced in Amibroker).  Anyway, the Metastock interface and
features
> are much harder to use IMHO, and I say that not just because I have
been
> using Amibroker all this time, but because AB is so much more
flexible.
> About the only thing that MS does that AB does not do yet
is "dragging

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511