Re: Conditionnal stops (RE: [amibroker] trailing stop question from new user)

Hello,

the rem.dll can do something like this, for example there is an
option when a profit is reached a trailingstop is initialized...
but I must write an update to the help file and I am a little lazy.

stephane

> Yes Tomasz. I had not thought of the loop features. Sorry. I would
just say
> that perhaps it would be a bit more "user friendly" to have this
ability
> coded right in the "ApplyStop" function ;-). Coding multiple types
of stops
> with conditions through loops is not very easy for a non programmer.
>
> Well, let's say that it will help me me improve my programing
skills :-).

> Best regards, Jérôme ULRICH

the "sell/cover"
> variables, but doing so, new buy/short signals can be generated
after the
> first stop that can modify the following positions. You should
iterate the
> whole formula the same number of times as there are stop signals. I
think it
> would be possible through a "WHILE" loop, but it doesn't seem a
very sound
> process.
>
>     A better solution would be to have a "condition" parameter in
the
> "ApplyStop" function, related to the state (in terms of profit and
number of
> bars since opening) of the current opened position. Something like :
>
>     "ApplyStop(type,mode,amount,condition,ExitAtStop,Volatile)"
>
>     A concrete example :
>
>     "ApplyStop(StopTypeLoss, StopModePoint,5,"Profit > 10 and Nbars
>
> 5",true,true);"
>
>     "Profit" and "Nbars" could be something like "internal
variables" and
> you could imagine to be able to decide if "Profit" is using a
percent or
> mode value.
>
>     With theses conditionnal stops, you can imagine any combination
of stops
> according to the way your position is evolving. For
example : "after 10
> days, exit the position if it shows a loss, otherwise, use a
trailing stop".

>     Would you find this feature interresting ? Tomasz, would it be a
> nightmare to code ?
>
>     Best regards, Jérôme ULRICH

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511