[amibroker] Re: System optimization process idea & feedback request

No.  What I was referring to was making systems adaptable.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Since we have been throwing around methods of optimizing and
selecting objective measures, I was wondering if some of the more
skilled in our group could translate the following passage, as my
Sergeant would say back in my Army days " in terms a 10-year old
could understand".  The passage is from from Bob Pelletier in the
latest CSI Technical Journal.

> Some pre-emptive questions belfore the passage:
>
> 1.  Fred, is Pelletier's comments the same as what you are
referring to in terms of making system adjustments on the fly?
Optimizing on only OS data on a go-forward basis?  If you are willing
to break it down into a process it would be much appreciated by
myself and probably a lot of others.

> 2.  If he is going only one pass through the data how is he coming
up with paramaters?

> I'm typing out his comments so please forgive typos.
>
> PELLETIER'S COMMENTS
> OCT 03 CSI TECHNICAL JOURNAL
>
> "...  This is a novel approach that depends upon large amounts of
data to arrive at a solution.  Theoretically, the more data supplied
the better should be the result.  It views all markets and variables
forward in time.  There is no hindsight optimization testing.
Analysts correctly believe that basing future decisions on results
optimized in the past tends to produce unrepeatable performance in
real-time trading.  Such complaints boil down to the derogatory label
of "curve fitting".  None of that is done here.  This model learns by
studying only future (or forward) facts in time.  Only one pass
through all of the supplied data defines the trading model that will
be forecasting tomorrow's prices.

> The model-building stage of the process includes a feedback
mechanism that measures the daily causal effects of each independent
variable upon the movement of the dependent variable.  The feedback
logic tends to emphasize  the positive and negative effects of each
variable upon the dependent variable.  The decision-making process
process therefore becomes increasingly heuristic over time as more
and more price history is reviewed.  The model is encouraged by
predictive success and discouraged by the apparent failures of all
independent time series supplied.  The basic intent of the process is
to teach the computer to profitably trade a dependent variable basded
upon the predictive characteristics of all independent variables...."

> COMMENTS???

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!