RE: [amibroker] Auto-optimization AFL uploaded

<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>if you're using amibroker.net, try amibroker.com. works
for me.
<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>
<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>I'm not quite certain what the relationship is between
the two sites, but I think one is a redundant mirror of the other. I might
remember though, that the db functions have to be pointed at one site or the
other by tomasz. or I might be hallucinating...
<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>
<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>anyway, try it,
<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>
<SPAN
class=796020420-22102003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2>When I
  go to AmiBroker site and open afl Library, I get an error
  message

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Warning<FONT
  face=Arial size=2>:
  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
  <SPAN
  >/home/amibroke/public_html/library/list.php
  on line 133
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >And

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Unable to locate AFL Library
  database
  <SPAN

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Howard
  <SPAN

  <DIV

  <SPAN
  Message-----From: Dave
  Merrill [mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx] <SPAN
  >Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:01
  AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  >Subject: [amibroker] Auto-optimization
  AFL uploaded
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >FWIW, I've uploaded my auto-optimization framework to
  the AFL library.<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Courier New">this is a backtest framework that continuously and
  automatically optimizessettings
  for a trading rule you provide. it chooses settings that
  measurebest over a selectable
  lookback period. this re-optimization can be done<FONT
  face="Courier New">every bar, at a user-definable interval, or once at the
  start of trading. itrequires AFL
  editing to use; instructions are provided.<FONT
  face="Courier New">though its pretty long, it's actually not that complicated,
  either to use orin its internals.
  it's broken down into sections, most of which you
  don'tneed to even look at. if I
  could hide the no-touchy bits away I would (:-).<FONT
  face="Courier New">also, a lot of it is explanation, not code, and a lot of
  the code is acollection of sample
  trading rules. it's probably over-explained, but<FONT
  face="Courier New">hopefully the comments are
  useful.comments, suggestions,
  bug reports, lessons learned, ways to profit<FONT
  face="Courier New">massively, etc are most
  welcome.<FONT
  face="Courier New">dave<FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
  face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
  face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
  Your
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of
  Service.
  Send