Re: Objective functions (was RE: [amibroker] Re: Optimization -- again)

Hi palsanand,

>> If I discover a good system to trade the S&P futures, I will
p> certainly not
>> toss it aside if it performs poorly on Soy Beans.  Generalize this
p> to any
>> two markets.  It only takes a few good trading system / market
p> combinations
>> to be a winning trader.  There is no need to solve the universal
p> market
>> prediction problem for all markets for all time.

p> Maybe you would not toss it away, but I would.  I have solved the
p> universal market prediction problem for all markets for all time.

Well that brings up the obvious question then . . . why are you here?

It is either A) to share that solution with us, or B) to tantalize us
with that solution, or C) to BS us to the end of planet earth about
having said solution. ^^_^^

If A, let's get on with it.  If B or C, (insert favorite derogatory
insult here), and this forum cannot have any value for you at all,
since you've figured it all out already.  So back in a circle: Why
are you here?

p> I have used breakout systems (not the specific one in the example)
p> successfully regardless of the type of market and I don't have time
p> to do the experiment you suggested...

My dear boy, you are *so* successful, you must have oodles of time to
burn. Your systems are on auto pilot and pile up tons of cash in your
account, unlike us poor discretionary beasts of burden, who must
constantly employ our wits and vast amounts of time to stay just even
with the game. All you have is time, I reckon.  ^_-

Yuki

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!