[amibroker] Re: Study - Vertical line - How to determine BarIndex of - using AFL

Well kind Sir:

It did work especially after I saved the database.  I swear, oops I
mean that I posit - that I tried that syntax also but didn't work
when I tried it the first time.  Had other stuff (trendlines) on the
chart, hadn't saved the database, and had previously tried other
expressions so that may have affected the chart somehow.  But at any
rate your solution worked, so many thanks.

Best regards to you -
respectfully yours,
aequalsz

> Dear aequalsz,
>
> Please take a look at the code I have provided. It works with
vertical lines.
> Here is a copy:
>
> vertline = Study("VT",GetChartID() ) ;
> vertlinebarindex =  LastValue( ValueWhen( IsNull( vertline ),
BarIndex() ) );

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
BarIndex of - using AFL

> > Thanks Graham,
> >
> > didn't seem to work.  Actually the following works with trendline
> > studies,
> >
> > Wstart = Study("BB",1065);
> > startline = LastValue(ValueWhen( Cross(Close,Wstart),BarIndex()
), 1);

> > But I was hoping to use Vertical Line studies to delineate
starting
> > and ending locations for a pattern dll I've already developed.
Also
> > for the quadratic least squares curve fit dll I mentioned a while
back.

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Try this
> > >
> > > xBar = ValueWhen( Cross(BarIndex(),Study("UP")), BarIndex() );
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Graham
> > > http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> > > http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia