RE: [amibroker] Quote Editor Help - Part 2

Seems
to me that you're gonna hafta do it thru FT and not AB..

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
  [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:17
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Quote Editor Help - Part 2Sort of
  interesting...nothing in help, nothing in past messages, nowhere to
  turn...no updating the data..I use FastTrack database.  Local
  database is disabled.  I added a symbol(non-FastTrack symbol) using
  the Import Wizard and now wish to enter dayby day data from another
  program.  It is one number per day.  Noautomation needed.
  Quote Editor does not update.  I can see no otherplace to enter the
  data.  I do not use Amiquote.  The data is not a"quote" but a
  calculated value from another program.I assume no one has run into
  this need before, and the help files do notseem to anticipate it.  If
  it is in there, it is well hidden.Can I get some help or suggestions
  as I am dead in the water (although Ihave in reserve importing the entire
  csv file again after manuallyupdating the csv file).  Is that the
  only way?Ken-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
  [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 9:59 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Quote Editor Help - Part
  2Don/Merek/Graham:  I guess the database is my problem--I am
  using theFastTrack database....So, for manual nightly additions of
  a day's value (which I pull from adaily service), how do I get it into the
  data base in the most timeefficient manner possible?   The value
  I am adding is not a part of my(downloadeable) Ftrack database, it is a
  symbol I have previouslymanually imported from a csv and now wish to
  update daily.Ken-----Original Message-----From: don
  [mailto:donmac63@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 9:47
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor
  HelpIf you are using MS plugin and you need to edit MS database you
  candownloadfreeware editor from the following link<A
  href="">http://www.twaddlesoftware.com/download/UtilityX86W32.exeI
  hope this helpsRegardsDon McKay----- Original Message
  -----From: "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxxxxxx>To: "AmiBroker List"
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 9:21
  PMSubject: [amibroker] Quote Editor Help> Such a basic
  question...after a year I finally have a need to manually> enter a
  daily close value for a new ticker....but cannot.>> From the
  help file on Quote Editor:>> To add new quote:>> -
  select (new) entry> - enter date/time> - enter price
  data> - click on the list on the entry other than
  (new)>>> I select new entry; select the next date, enter
  the new value for the> date....and then try various final
  steps.....press enter, click on the> grid (not the new value
  line).....>> I cannot get the new value to enter the
  database.  If I click Refresh> All, then return to the Quote
  Editor, the same last value is shown.> Sometimes my new value is still
  in the entry boxes on the left but not> in the grid.  Needless to
  say, my plot of this variable does notchange.>> How simple
  can this be?  How is it possible to mess up 4 easy> instructional
  steps?  (Or is something missing from
  theinstructions?).>> Can someone help?>>
  Thanks,>> Ken>>Send BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at:<A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
  Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.