RE: [amibroker] Re: error message

You
can use the addcolumn to output the results of any variable for each bar. This
can act like a trace command.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: ed2000nl
  [mailto:pablito@xxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 9:10
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  error messagehi Graham,well I found this
  specific error. It was caused by a symbol with no data
  inside.Still, I am curious how you guys write programs. I am so used
  producing output every step of the way when constructing code that I
  get pretty frustrated once I seem to have no control over that. If a
  program crashes I usually look at all the variables and rapidly find
  out what is wrong.So all tips and tricks on detecting bugs in AFL
  are welcome. I found _TRACE() what I still need to test out. Also I worked
  with _N( string) but if anyone knows better ways I'd like to
  hear.regards, Ed--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> Maybe you just overload the
  memory with too many stocks in the entire market> for a single scan
  loop.> > Cheers,> Graham> <A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>
  <A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia
  > > -----Original Message-----> From: ed2000nl
  [mailto:pablito@xxxx] > Sent: Monday, 20 October 2003 8:09 PM>
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] error
  message> > > hi,> > i got simple code (see
  below (A)). If I scan this code for the > current date for buy or sell
  signals it works fine for certain > markets (using a market filter) but
  for the market as a whole it > stops at some point (at some symbol I
  suppose).> > My question: how do you guys debug such problems.
  It drives me crazy > that I can't see what is going on and get some
  easy output about > where exactly it fails. The error message by itself
  rings no bells.> > Thanks in advance.> >
  Ed> > > (A)> #pragma nocache> #include
  <Perc_Threshold_Long.afl>> #include
  <Perc_Threshold_Short.afl>> > // retracement
  levels> retr=C;> retr[0]=23.6;> retr[1]=38.2;>
  retr[2]=50.0;> retr[3]=61.8;> retr[4]=100.0;> >
  for(x=0;x<5;x++) {> >       Buy =
  Perc_Threshold_Long(Close,retr[x]) AND V>100000;>
        Sell = Perc_Threshold_Short(Close,retr[x]) AND
  V>100000;> > }> > > > >
  (B)> Line 45, Column 885:> // retracement levels>
  > retr=C;> retr[0]=23.6;> retr[1]=38.2;>
  ------------^> > Error 7.> Subscript out of range>
  ---------------------~--> Buy> Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for
  your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer> at MyInks.com. Free s/h
  on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.> <A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511>
  <A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM>
  group FAQ at: <A