RE: [amibroker] Optimization -- again

Hi Ken –

Thanks for the kind words.  You$B!G(Bll
see my response to Dingo within a message or two of this one.

My opinion is that there is enough
inefficiency in the markets for all of us to live well from our trading
systems.  There would be a serious difficulty, and loss of inefficiency,
if we all agreed to trade a small set of markets with similar techniques.

Technical analysis is based on the belief
that several conditions are true.

     >The markets we model are sufficiently
     inefficient for us to make profit trading them.
     >There are patterns in the
     record of trades that precede profitable opportunities.
     >We can discover those patterns.
     >Those patterns will exist long
     enough for us to trade them profitably.

You might have seen my posts to this group
and HolyGrailSM related to my thoughts on technical analysis versus fundamental
analysis.  One of my observations is that some market segments exhibit
more easily identified and more persistent patterns.  I believe that rotational
trading systems, based on rankings as they are in AmiBroker, are very good at
taking advantage of these opportunities.

Will they remain profitable for a longer
period of time?  I hope so.  I believe so.  And I am continuing
to think about what else might work if these techniques fail.

Thanks,

Howard