Re: [amibroker] Optimization -- again

I can't resist,

there are new "dumb" players always entering the market and old "smart" players leaving the market, just from demographics.    I think there is always continual opportunity in the markets as a result, we just all strive to be the smart money.  But I think the same mistakes get made over and over again in the process.  That's why some patterns have worked pretty good over time, such as break out patterns, reversals, etc.

Then there is the Elliot Wave that tries to model this.  This isn't some secret order of the universe, this is just the observation that the same human mistakes are being made over and over and being captalized on by smart money.

Same mistakes, different players.....

Kevin Campbell