RE: [amibroker] Re: Optimization -- again

Hi Fred –

I’m not trying to be a smart ass,
but anytime we look at alternative systems and make a choice among them, we are
optimizing.  Anytime we stop using one set of parameters for a system and
change to a new set, we have performed a walk-forward.  My posts were intended
to point that out and suggest an organized way to work with it.  No
offense intended to folks who develop their systems some other way.

Regards,

Howard