  >From:
  Ken Close
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 10:21
  AM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Fib
  projections

  <SPAN
  >Bill: I am going to
  reply from memory and not go and check what I am about to say…sorry if it
  proves inaccurate.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >I know fib
  projections as follows (and as Advanced Get implements it):
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >A wave 5 top might be
  expected at some fib ratio projection of Wave length 1 to 3, **projected**
  from the bottom or end of Wave 4.  If this is not how you define a
  projection, then quit reading because this is what I use and
  understand.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >In Adv Get, you click
  on the beginning of wav1 and drag to end of wave3; the program remembers this
  amount, You then click on the end of wave 4 and the preselected ratios (.62,
  1, 1.27, etc) are plotted upward from where you clicked, end of Wave 4.
  Tops in Wave 5 might be expected to reverse at one of these “projected” wave
  levels.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >In AB, I “thought”
  that I could drag the fib array from beginning of wave 1 to the end of wave 3
  and then let go of the mouse button.  Then place the cursor over the fib
  array until it turns into a 4 arrow cursor, hold down the left mouse button
  and drag the entire array to the end of wave 4 (what I guess to be the end of
  wave 4) and position the array so that the beginning of the array (or the
  end/top – I don’t remember) is located at the end of wave 4.  The ratios
  which have been preselected will then indicate the **projections** of waves
  1-3 starting from wave 4.  Not as elegant as in Adv Get but still
  doable.  Again, all of this from memory.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Ken
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  Message-----From:
  wavemechanic [mailto:wd78@xxxxxxxxxxxx] <SPAN
  >Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 5:26
  PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  >Subject: Re: [amibroker] Fib
  projections
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Ken:

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Unless I've missed something about the Fib tool, it
  cannot do APP projections.  I have not looked at AGet for a bit, but I
  don't recall it being able to do this type of projection either.  Miner's
  DT software is a study in easy, clean Fib analysis, which is also
  essential for Fibonacci pattern studies.

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Bill

  <SPAN

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >From: "Ken Close" <<A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >closeks@xxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN

  <SPAN
  >To: <<A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 4:56
  PM

  <SPAN
  >Subject: RE: [amibroker] Fib
  projections

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >> Joe:  yes, you are entirely correct....sorry
  I missed the distinction.<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> I made this point to Tomasz back before there was
  a fib tool.  Dragging<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> the entire structure seems to do the same thing,
  however, and I am not<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> sure which is more tedious, dragging or clicking a
  third point.  Seems<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> pretty moot to me.  That said, however, I
  think the best projection is<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> that programmed into Advanced
  Get.>

  -----Original Message-----<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> From: Joe Maywood [mailto:jmaywood@xxxxxxxxxxx]
  > Sent:
  Friday, October 17, 2003 4:04 PM<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> To: Ken

  projections<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Hello Ken,<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Friday, October 17, 2003, 2:16:55 PM, you
  wrote:>

  The fib drawing tool can be configured to show fib extensions
  as> well
  as> KC>
  retracements. Draw a fib retracement as per the help file
  between>
  two> KC>
  points.  Position your cursor over some part of the fib lines
  and>
  the> KC>
  cursor will turn into a 4 arrow cursor.  Double click to open
  the> KC>
  settings box.  Click on the tab labeled Fibonacci and you will
  be>
  able>
  KC> to set extension ratios, such as 127.2, 161.8, 268.8 etc.  There
  is>
  a> KC>
  check box labeled "Show extensions" that must be checked to
  see>
  these.>

  Hope this helps.<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Ken,<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Actually a fib projection is different than a fib
  extension which is<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> what you are describing. An extension is a >
  1.0 retracement from the<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> same two points that you would use for a standard
  retracement.<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> A projection, on the other hand, requires 3
  points, two for the distance<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> being projected and a third to position the start
  of the projection.<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> While this can be done, by doing a "reverse"
  retracement and dragging<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> the whole fib structure to the appropriate
  starting position (making<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> sure you don't have snap to price on) its very
  tedious.>
  mentioned this, amongst similar enhancements, to Tomasz a while
  back> and
  really didn't get any firm commitment. There are a number of
  drawing>
  tools like this that would really benefit us discretionary traders,
  but> the
  system traders in the group, by far, have the loudest
  voice...>
  > -
  Joe>
  >

  > Send BUG
  REPORTS to <A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>> Send
  SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>>
  -----------------------------------------<FONT
  size=2><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  <A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>
  <SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> (Web page:
  <A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >)<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">>
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>
  <SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
  to>
  <A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>
  <SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
  ---------------------~--><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP,
  Epson, Canon or Lexmark<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or
  more to the US & Canada.<FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>>
  <A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>>
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------~-><FONT
  size=2><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Send BUG REPORTS to
  <A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>> Send
  SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>>
  -----------------------------------------<FONT
  size=2><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  <A
  href=""><FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2><SPAN
  >amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>
  <SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> (Web page:
  <A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >)<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">>
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>
  <SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
  <A
  href=""><FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2><SPAN
  >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
  face="Times New Roman" size=2>
  <SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Times New Roman">> <FONT
  face="Times New Roman">>
  <FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
  face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
  face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A
  Your
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of
  Service.
  Send