[amibroker] Re: Will systems degrade? (was Optimization)

I'm not sure why it matters. In this theoretical scenario, assume all
3 years are of same type, whether bull, bear, or trendless (or better
yet, combination of all 3) and you are assured that the fourth year
also has same behavior. I'm sure you'll agree that even if the market
behavior is same, one could be easily trying a strategy that displays
the behavior I described (it may not be a good system, but that's not
known prior to testing it anyway).

The question is more along the lines of "should one consider the new
set of parameters that also took third year's data into account"
OR "should one strictly stick to the principle of forward testing and
dump the system (because it didn't work in the OOS period of 3rd
year)"?

Jitu