RE: [amibroker] Re: Uadjusted Yahoo Data - Any news?

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>hhmm.... sounds familiar?    What a great
idea!
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 6:43
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Uadjusted Yahoo Data - Any news?The adjusted .vs.
  unadjusted is a nice option.  The problem is that typically one needs
  both simultaneously.  You MIGHT and I emphasize MIGHT as I haven't
  thought about this much, want to consider just using OI for stocks since
  they're the only securities that typically have splits and really have no
  use for OI per se.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
  <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> Fred,> > You are
  absolutely right. I was already thinking about that.> This would of
  course cause increase of database size (I am thinking> about Chuck for
  example who wants to put as much quotes as possible> in RAM for faster
  backtests) but it is worth considering. > Uenal suggested similar thing
  in AmiQuote list. > If only a day had more than 24 hours :-)>
  > By the way: newest Quotes Plus plugin already provides such
  option,> you can choose if you want split adjusted or not adjusted
  data.> (in File->Database Settings->Configure)> >
  Best regards,> Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.com> -----
  Original Message ----- > From: "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx>>
  To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003
  11:52 PM> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Uadjusted Yahoo Data - Any
  news?> > > > Tomasz,> > > > A
  suggestion here regarding splits ...> > > > The best of
  all worlds would to be able have a record of when the > > splits
  actually occured and at what factor and have this imbedded in >
  > the data i.e. another array "S" if you will that had a cumulative
  > > split factor in it.  This would allow one to look at either
  adjusted > > or unadjusted data at will.> > >
  > Fred> > > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz
  Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> > > wrote:> > >
  Yuki,> > > > > > I agree with you. I was just
  offering some solution for just > > splitting> > > one
  symbol. Good news are that next beta version of AMiBroker (4.45)>
  > > will have a new flag in the ASCII importer that will allow
  using> > > getting split adjusted or not adjusted from Yahoo
  according to your > > preference.> > > >
  > > Best regards,> > > Tomasz Janeczko> > >
  amibroker.com> > > ----- Original Message ----- > >
  > From: "Yuki Taga" <yukitaga@xxxx>> > > To: "Tomasz
  Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > Sent: Thursday,
  October 16, 2003 11:31 PM> > > Subject: Re: [amibroker] Uadjusted
  Yahoo Data - Any news?> > > > > > > > >
  17, 2003, 2:41:59 AM, you wrote:> > > > > > >
  > TJ> You can use Symbol->Split menu in AmiBroker to adjust your
  > > data.> > > > > > > > You sure
  can, but 1) according to the docs this is irreversible > >
  once> > > > done, so be careful, and 2) not all those huge
  gaps are splits.  > > You> > > > can find
  places like www.hotquotes.com where you can *fairly* > >
  easily> > > > research the splits.  However, (my dear
  Tomasz) we need a tweak on> > > > the Database Purify
  tool, IMHO.  What is needed is a way to flag a> > > >
  particular "split" identified by the tool as *NOT* a split, and >
  > have> > > > that flag stick.  Unfortunately, the
  tool, while apparently > > finding> > > > all the
  splits, also finds a lot of non splits as well.  And they>
  > > > never go away, so you can never run this and get a clean
  score.> > > > Always, you will have literally dozens if
  not hundreds of flags in> > > > the Database Purify output
  suggesting splits that, according to > > the> > >
  > research record, never actually happened.  Could be that some
  of> > > > those are just erroneous research data too, but
  the site mentioned> > > > above seems awfully thorough
  about this.> > > > > > > > Best,> >
  bugs@xxxx> > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
  subject to > > <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/