Re: [amibroker] back test versus porfolio back test

Hi Tomasz,

Friday, October 10, 2003, 1:44:38 AM, you wrote:

TJ> It is NOT surprising at all. It does not have any connection with
TJ> beta. There are currently no known problems with regular mode of
TJ> porfolio backtester.

TJ> Just switch to "Detailed mode"
TJ> and you will see that what happens exactly on bar-by-bar basis.

TJ> Totals will of course NOT be the same.

TJ> You are running SINGLE portfolio while old backtester runs
TJ> N-parallel portfolios. With the same initial equity old backtester
TJ> effectively has N*(number of symbols) more money than new.

TJ> The reason of most differencies is that you have run out of funds
TJ> in the backtest or run ouf of max. open positions.

Not claiming there is a problem Tomasz; just trying to understand
what's happening.  Along that line, can you or anyone clarify:

I used to use 25,000,000 yen in the old backtester.  It was enough,
because the backtester gave that much equity to each symbol, if I
understand correctly, so I never "ran out" of cash.  So now, if I
have the possibility of 10 open positions, I need to make that equity
setting ~10x higher in the portfolio tester?  Just trying to get my
feet on the ground with this.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511