[amibroker] Re: FW: Optimize/OverOptimize

By coicidence, the "Inspection Points" thread points to this target :
To automatically control the parameters, using an equity feedback
every x days.
Any [bright] ideas for the inspection frequency will be much
appreciated.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> Is this the proper forum for this discussion?
>
> Can any of this discussion be translated into Amibroker insights,
code
> examples or solutions?
>
> Heck... I get off topic every now and then, but I would not take
> offense to having my reins jerked when needed.
>
> Phsst
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quite a few articles and books have been written on the topic of
> > system optimization.  Most of the work done in this area
concludes
> > that optimizing individual systems does not provide a superior
> > result.  If you take, for example, a MACD oscillator and optimize
it
> > over a year of data, and then trade that system in the future,
it's
> > odds of success are meager....
> >
> > You have to optimize many individual systems and arrive at a
> > collection.  You can then use Back Test scores from the systems
> > form a consensus to create Entry/Exit signals.  This is very
> > different and much more advanced, than just optimizing an MACD.
You

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511