Re: [amibroker] Quote Plus Interface

Hello Ion,

QP plugin is very nice, I think you will be happy
with it. It is the fastest downloader you have EVER seen - imports entire
QP database in a matter of seconds. It works like this:

First time you use it, it creates AMiBroker
database of all symbols from QP database which it works off from then on. This
is necessary because AmiBoker stores other info for each symbol in addition to
QP data. After that, it automatically updates the symbols already in
its database each time you start it - you will not even notice that it is doing
it. Whenever you want to update the AB database with NEW symbols, go to
File > Database Settings > Configure > Retrieve and it will recheck QP
database and add any new symbols to the AB database. I do this once a week but
you could easily do it every day - it takes just a few seconds. To remove
obsolete symbols from the AB database, go to Tools > Cleanup Database. This
runs a script that finds tickers that haven't traded in X number of days. As is,
the script will ask you if you want to delete every obsolete ticker it finds -
this gets very monotonous because QP database contains many obsolete/empty
tickers, so you will want to edit the script so that it simply finds them all
and deletes them without asking. This is easy to do, just open the
script in Notepad and change a couple of the options at the top.You can
also edit the number of days to look back. This script takes a bit longer to
run, maybe about 20 - 30 mins or so - I do it every couple of months, but the
old tickers dont hurt anything so you dont have to do it very
often.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE