[amibroker] Re: Getextradata-Error

i have a similar problem. I have a computer with Windows 2000 Prof +
AB + QP2 and a computer with Windows XP Prof + AB + QP2. The file
directory installations are exactly the same. If I "Explore"
through "all stocks" with the code shown below I get the following
error message on the Windows 2000 machine and I get NO error on the
Windows XP machine.

The problem seems machine / operating system related ?

regards, Ed

----error message on the Windows 2000 machine

Line 2, Column 40:
Var1 = (GetExtraData("SharesShort") / (GetExtraData("SharesFloat")
*1e6)) *100;
------^

Error 18.
GetExtraData failed

----code

Var1 = (GetExtraData("SharesShort") / (GetExtraData("SharesFloat")
*1e6)) *100;

Buy =  (Cross(RSI(),25) OR
		Cross(RSI(),26) OR
		Cross(RSI(),27) OR
		Cross(RSI(),28) OR
		Cross(RSI(),29) OR
		Cross(RSI(),30)) AND
		V>100000 AND
		C<30 AND
		Var1 < 5;

Filter = Buy;

AddColumn( GetExtraData("SharesShort") , "Shares Short" );
AddColumn( GetExtraData("SharesFloat") , "Shares Float" );
AddColumn( Var1 , "Shares Short (%)" );
AddColumn( GetExtraData("LTDebtToEq") , "LT Debt to Eqty" );
AddColumn( GetExtraData("PEG") , "PEG" );
AddColumn( GetExtraData("CashFlowPerShare") , "CashFlowPerShare" );
AddColumn( GetExtraData("Yr1ProjEPSGrowth") , "Yr1ProjEPSGrowth" );

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian Elijah" <cadvantag@xxxx>
wrote:
> To add to my weirdness with this. It works on a individual stock-
when I choose "apply to current stock"

> But- does not work in a exploration on my XP machine.
>
> :o(

Both have Quotes Plus as the data source.Does anyone know why it
would work on '98 and not on XP

>   Thanks,
>
>   Brian
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor