Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor

Hi Steve,

Saturday, October 4, 2003, 4:13:05 PM, you wrote:

SD> Hi Yuki,

SD> I got curious about your problem and decided to
SD> have a look around the net for something that might help you. Well, you are
SD> right, I certainly was not buried with hits, but I did find one site
SD> that I thought you may want to have a look at. It says that it has real-time TSE
SD> data for $83/month, and a flexible downloader that allows export to an Excel,
SD> CSV or TabSV text file, which you could then import into AB. However, the site
SD> (and most of the exchanges listed) seem to be primarily for futures/commodities,
SD> but it DOES include Tokyo Stock Exchange in the list of exchanges so possibly
SD> you might be able to retrieve TSE stock data? (I don't know if TSE includes
SD> futures or not). Anyway, here is the link if you would like to look at it. From
SD> this page, follow the link for "fsXtra" and then "data download". Good
SD> luck!

Odd, I've never heard of these guys, although they appear to have
been around a while.  I'd be interested to know which engine you
searched with, and what the exact search terms were.  I have tried
Yahoo and Google, and in both the English and Japanese versions of
each.  Using every combination of 'real' 'time' 'stock' 'price'
'data' 'provider' in both languages that I can come up with.  I can't
find what I need.

I haven't figured out *exactly* what they are offering yet, but it
looks like a proprietary platform that one can export from, as you
mentioned.  The price is not that bad, but if I can't pipe it
directly into AB it's essentially what I have now with the
combination of Power E-trade (free because of my volume) and Download
Quotes (gives me the entire market EOD data) -- or at least I think
that is the case at the moment.  I will send them e-mail though and
see if I can get some clarification on their services.

Thanks for going to that trouble for me.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511