Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor

Hi Tomasz,

Saturday, October 4, 2003, 6:40:23 PM, you wrote:

TJ> Yuki,

TJ> You rised an interesting point:

>> My RT data comes via E-Trade Japan right now.  But they are not the
>> actual provider, they get the data from Reuters, which bought Bridge
>> Channel, and the trading screen is still actually a Bridge screen,
>> even using that old domain name -- you can see it on the address bar
>> after you click the link to it and log in.  Reuters simply put their
>> own trademarks in there over Bridge's after they bought them out, and
>> now Reuters allows E-Trade Japan to paste their logos over Reuters'.
>> So tantalizing to have the data flowing swiftly and surely into my
>> computer, but to be unable to capture it and pipe it to AB.  Maybe
>> you could talk to the Reuters folks about how to do it, or maybe
>> strike some kind of arrangement with them?  I don't know.  Of course
>> Reuters doesn't want to offer competition with their own platform,
>> I'm sure.  I do get a real time data flow, however. I just can't use
>> it outside Power E-Trade except by the hand entry method, hence my QE
>> problems, which wasn't a problem when I used MS.  But I no longer use
>> MS, Tomasz, and that's your fault.  ^^_^^  So please fix this if you
>> can. ^_-

TJ> So does it mean that you your Power E-trade platform fed the RT quotes
TJ> to Metastock ? If so, was that done using MS database ? If so, I wouldn't be
TJ> possible to just attach to the same database using AmiBroker's MS plugin ?
TJ> Or was it fed via DDE ?
TJ> Or did you enter quotes manually to MS too ?

Sorry to have confused.  I did manual updates using Downloader.  I
can still do updates via the Downloader and MS plugin, but I was
trying for a solution that avoided all the MS stuff.  I have to
change the database settings back and forth from plugin to local, and
then run some kind of scan on all stocks to make sure the local is
updated.  Not the end of the world, but . . .

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511