[amibroker] Re: Quote Editor

My 2 cents...

In his initial design of AB, Tomasz chose to implement AA, IB and
Quotes Editor as 'Dialog boxes' which sieze 'focus' from the parent AB
Chart window and obscure the Chart window as long as their physical
location is 'on top of' the chart.

This means that in order to see the main AB Chart window, you must
move the 'dialog box' out of the way since it has 'focus'.

I think this is why Jayson recommended installing a 2nd monitor to
expand XP's screen 'real estate' in order to move windows and dialog
boxes into seperate areas for simultaneous viewing and control.

Earlier this year, this issue was raised with Tomasz and he stated
that he has plans to redesign the application to use MDI Forms instead
of Dialog Boxes, giving the User more flexability to view and switch
between AB viewable functions.

Originally, the MDI introduction was scheduled for Fall of this year,
however, Portfolio Backtesting became a much larger issue and I assume
that TJ changed the schedule.

Hopefully, the MDI project is still on the schedule, somewhere behind
the more important functionality upgrades of AB.

If I am wrong, I am sure that TJ will correct me ;)

Phsst
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sloughbridge" <sloughbridge@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511