[amibroker] McClelland Summation

Steve Almond -

I need some help with the McClelland Summation forumla. I'd like to
use it some Trade routine that I'm trying to convert to AFL but not
getting consistent results. I'd like to calculate something called
the Beasley Scorecard.

I noted in a message on Sept 20 that you posted a ratio adjusted
summation index that is consistent with StockCharts' values,

  a=Foreign("$ADV","C");

  d=Foreign("$DECL","C");

  t5=EMA((a-d)/(a+d),39);

  t10=EMA((a-d)/(a+d),19);

  Summ = 1000*((t10-t5)-(10*t10)+(20*t5));

  Plot(Summ,"Summation NYSE",1,1);

but -

TJ and others have used the McClelland Summation formula in the AFL
formula file as follows and like what I've seen in the TRADE
routines.

Summ = Cum(EMA(AdvIssues()-DecIssues(),19) - EMA(AdvIssues()-
DecIssues(),39));

My understanding was that the summation started with a value of 1000
back many years ago and accumulates from there, so this would not be
correct either?  Would having the first value of this array as 1000
be correct?

Would appreciate any help? and if someone on the FORUM has converted
the Beasley scorecard from TRADE I would appreciate help there also
- except for this calculation I'm almost there.

Best regards
JOE

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511