[amibroker] Re: More Random thoughts.....

> After all, the bottom line is to make money! And not to second
guess
> what you think might occur next. The market is always right!

Amen!

I have a random question. Speaking of making money, how/what kind of
profitable systems have people in this group developed using AB? Do
we have any heavy hitters who've written systems showing _consistent_
100+% return systems using AB? Anyone interested in results of such a
quick survey?

I myself am currently testing a system which shows following, which
I'm in the process of confirming as I keep finding bugs in it :-) -

Trading type: Stocks (only long plays)
Period: Short term, 2-5 days in a trade.
Avg annual return over last 5 years of data: Around 30%
Max system % drawdown: 20%

I know its certainly not a high flying system by any means, but at
the same time I also read everywhere that most traders end up losing
money, so at least by that standard it sounds like a good one to
start with. :-)

Would love to hear statistics from other experts here. I'm sure
there're lots of them...

Jitu

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe" <run_for_your_life2003@xxxx>
wrote:
> Yeah, trust you signals because if they give you the wrong signal
> you can only blame yourself for your mistakes.
> At the moment a lot of investors thinks this market will tank in
> October! I still buy according to the signals on my graph!
>
> Will the majority be fooled this month thinking a downmove in
stocks
> and in reality happens in November. I buy my stocks according to my
> signals! Very rarely listen to news on television or the newspaper
> and do a much better job on investing now.
>
> After all, the bottom line is to make money! And not to second
guess
> what you think might occur next. The market is always right!
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > READ NOTHING, LISTEN TO NO ONE, EXCEPT YOUR SIGNALS...  SIGNALS
> TALK
> > TO YOU, SOMETIMES THEY SCREAM...
> >
> > LEARN TO BUY ON BEARISH NEWS AND SELL ON BULLISH NEWS
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pal
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND BUT NOT WHEN IT IS GOING TO END....
> > > CUT YOUR LOSSES SHORT & LET YOUR PROFITS RUN....
> > > THERE IS A TIME TO GO SHORT, A TIME TO GO LONG, AND A TIME TO
GO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511