Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor

Yuki,

> Apparently Tomasz doesn't care to respond to this at all. No reason
> why QE works this way.  No "it's on my list to fix but it will take a
> while".  No "It can't be fixed because . . . ".  No nothing.  C'est
> la vie.

I am receiving 200+ e-mails per day AND I am working upto 3 AM in the night
to bring new beta this weekend AND my little 6 month old child is ill,
so please excuse me but ....

> It's too bad the program wasn't designed with folks like me in mind.
> It's such a simple little thing, but so apparently ill thought out.
> A shame it cannot apparently be fixed without a major re-write of the
> program.

Unfortunatelly you are (as far as I remember)
the ONLY ONE person that requested such change,
I have been receiving every day the request from hundreds of people and
have to weight them somehow.
What's more the current behaviour is a standard in Microsoft Windows,
if application opens a dialog then you switch to another applicaiton and get
back to the application with dialog then BOTH dialog and application's MAIN window
are re-displayed.
This is how Windows has been designed and what Microsoft User Interface guidelines
say about default behaviour and what is actually implemented
in Microsoft Foundation Classes library that AmiBroker uses.

So I did NOT invented this behaviour and it is considered as user interface standard in Windows.

I understand that you want different behaviour but please accept the fact
that you are requesting: change to the software that is not 'in-line' with Microsoft guidelines
and you are the only person who wants that so you probably understand
that I will not throw away all the things I am doing just to "fix" this because
it is neither an urgent bug nor any other issue that should be addressed immediatelly.
Just the opposite: this behaviour is STANDARD in Windows and I need some more arguments
to change the STANDARD to non-standard behaviour (as not conforming to standards
leads to confusion of users who know and like the standards)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511