RE: [amibroker] Re: Dimitri - Channel ID:do you think...

Dimitris:   yes, for an exploration.

I would like to select a date in the past and display all stocks that
had a breakout that day, when looking back, from that date, for n
lookback bars.

This merely sets the stage for backtesting (if it can be backtested)????

At the least, one can eyeball a visual backtest, meaning, that when
calling up the chart (for breakouts on Mar28 for example), one could see
the chart action following that date.

I still do not know enough about the Portfolio Tester to know if it can
analyze candidates from each date in the past, purchase those which mean
additional criteria (in addition to the breakout day) and then maintain
say 10 positions, and ignoring new candidates until one of the held
stocks is sold.....but that is getting ahead of the story.

Ken