[amibroker] CedarCreek

Hi Steve,

Did you manage to upload your presentations to the files section ?

Thanks
Leo

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Group,
>
> This was the Denver Trading Group presentation a few weeks ago.  It
was given by my Fort Collins buddy:  Dave Chamness.  Tell me what you
think.

> Take care,
>
> Steve

(68%) of the range of parameters should be profitable.  In a map of
parameter values & associated returns, you want to see a plateau
instead of just spikes.  Check out the 3D optimization spreadsheet in
the Files section.

>   Also, the order of parameters is crucial because you should test
the most importanat variables first, i.e. the ones that cause the
largest changes in your results.  Focus on those first and then on
the less important ones

>   Yes, the book is excellent, not just for the robustness section.
I haven't read his other trading system book yet though so I don't
know if there are similarities.

>   HB

does the existence of some unprofitable settings invalidate a
strategy? what difference does the order in which parameters are
tested make? what does #10 mean?

>     did you like the book overall? would you say it answers the
robustness question well, beyond this checklist?

>     thanks,
>
>     dave
>       I recall someone asking about over-optimization and
robustness testing.  Here's an excerpt from...

>       Book: "Smarter Trading: Improving Performance in Changing
Markets"
>       Chapter: Making a Strategy Robust
>       Author: Perry Kaufman
>
>       CHECKLIST FOR ROBUST TESTING
>
>       PART 1: Deciding What to Test
>
>       1. Is the strategy logical?
>       2. Can you program all the rules?
>       3. Does the strategy make sense only under certain conditions?
>       4. Take a guess as to the expected results.
>
>       PART 2: Deciding How to Test
>
>       5. Choose the testing tools and method.
>       6. Do you have enough of the "right" data?
>       7. Have you Included realistic transaction costs?
>       8. Will you test a full range of parameters.
>       9. In what order will the parameters be tested?
>       10. Are the parameters distributed properly?
>       11. Have you defined the evaluation criteria?
>       12. How will the output be presented?
>
>       PART 3: Evaluating the Results
>
>       13. Are the calculations correct?
>       14. Were there enough trades to be "significant?"
>       15. Does the trading system produce profits for most
combinations of parameters?
>       16. Did logic changes Improve overall test performance?
>       17. How did it perform on out-of-sample data?
>
>       PART 4: Choosing the Specific Parameters to Trade
>
>       18. Did the last test include the most recent data?
>       19. Did you choose from an area of broad success?
>       20. Are profits distributed relatively evenly over the tested
history?
>       21. Are the profits per trade large enough to absorb errors?
>       22. Did the historic results show any large losses due to
price shocks?
>       23. Have you risk-adjusted the returns to your acceptable
>
>       PART 5: Trading and Monitoring Performance
>
>       24. Are you following the same rules that were tested?
>       25. Are you trading the same data that was tested?
>       26. Are you monitoring the difference between the system's
actual entries & exits?

>       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.