RE: [amibroker] Re: Two Days after the Bullish Inflection

Dave:  thanks for the comments.

I am in my trial VV and am lurking mostly
on the same sites where you post.

I have bitten my tongue with the strategy
talk that is posted where everyone seems to go ga-ga over high percent returns
over the last $B!D(B. er $B!D(B.6 months$B!D(Band some even test back into
2002!!!!   No mention of drawdowns, little mention of compound annual
return, and much of it handled via very complex Excel worksheets, rather than
something like AB.

As I am trying to test some of these VV
stock selections, I need to see how and if it is possible to test back several
years, at least to 1998.  I know I can buy back data, but the backtesting
system with VV (which is what you need to use in order to test their
parameters) is terrible and a backtest from 1998 would surely put me to sleep.

Ken