Re: [amibroker] Odd question about AA reports

Owen,

Such numbers are displayed when exit signal (sell or cover)
is not 1 (true) but some higher number.

This is used by ApplyStop/Equity to mark exits generated by stops

This is explained in
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=EQUITY

As you can see there are some reserved numbers:
1 - regular exit
2 - max. loss
3 - profit target
4 - trailing
5 - ruin stop
6 - n-bar stop

If you assign the number higher than 6 to either sell or cover you will
get
Long( number )
or
Short (number)

displayed in the result list. This is quite useful if you want to
display additional information about the reason of exit.

Say

... your rules here ....

Sell = IIF( DayOfWeek() == 5, 10, Sell ); // exit long trades on friday and mark it on the report

You will get
Long( 10 )
displayed in the trade list for trade that were exited by the rule above (exit at friday)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com