[amibroker] Re: help with trading system

hi,

I have one additional question (for now ...). I have this simple
trading system (see below). I buy at the open. If I would like to
sell the same day at the close if it exceeds the threshold of in this
case 4% how do I program that. Now it only starts finding sell
signals the day after the purchase.

thanks, Ed

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// make a simple trading system
Buy = Cross(RSI(),30);

// buy the next day at the open
// use Ref(Buy -1) because the Ref function returns a value
// so the "1" numbers inside the Buy array are moved forward this way.
Buy = Ref(Buy, -1);

// define the BuyPrice
BuyPrice = ValueWhen( Buy, Open);

SellCond1 = C > BuyPrice * 1.04;
SellCond2 = C < BuyPrice * 0.96;
SellCond3 = Cross( BarsSince(Buy), 5 );

Sell = SellCond1 OR SellCond2 OR SellCond3;

SellPrice = (SellCond1 * C);
SellPrice = SellPrice + (SellCond2 * C);
SellPrice = SellPrice + (SellCond3 * C);

Buy = ExRem(Buy,Sell);
Sell = ExRem(Sell,Buy);
// ------------------------------------------------------------------

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> Ed, you should not need to do loops for this, just set the
conditions you
> want.
> Is this close to what you were wanting?
>
> SetTradeDelays( 0, 0, 0, 0 );
> Buy = YourBuyCondition;
> Buy = Exrem( Buy, Sell );
> SellCond1 = Cross( C, Valuewhen( Buy, C) * 1.02 );
> SellCond2 = Cross( Valuewhen( Buy, C) * 0.96, C );
> SellCond3 = Cross( Barssince(buy), 5 );
> Sell = SellCond1 OR SellCond2 OR SellCond3 ;
> SellPrice = C;
>

> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading