[amibroker] Re: McClellan Summation

Wher do I place the summation index initial value?
yesterday reading 9/25/03 was +3502.90.
It graph needs to be in sync with the real number +3502.90 or close
with this number.

I use yahoo download to get the Advance Decline values what do I
need to change in the script here?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Almond" <steve2@xxxx> wrote:
> and finally. If you backtest the Summation index - results are
pretty average, just like many of these systems.

> Steve

is not ratio adjusted - I'm working on that...).
>     Also the description in Stockcharts is wrong (bracket in the
wrong place). Use these symbols from eSignal  $ADV + $DECL for NYSE
and $ADVQ + $DECLQ for Nasdaq:

>     a=Foreign("$ADV","C");
>
>     d=Foreign("$DECL","C");
>
>     t5=EMA(a-d,39);
>
>     t10=EMA(a-d,19);
>
>     Summ = 1000+((t10-t5)-(10*t10)+(20*t5));
>
>     Plot(Summ,"Summation NYSE",1,1);
>

>     Steve

Amibroker, using data from one of the free sources via Amiquote?

>       Here is a description from Stockcharts:
>
>       Summation Index =
>           1000 + (10%Trend - 5%Trend) - ((10 x 10%Trend) + (20 x 5%
Trend))
>       where:
>           5%Trend = 39-day EMA of (Advancers-Decliners)
>           10%Trend = 19-day EMA of (Advancers-Decliners)
>

>       Steve

Filter
>         > http://mail.giantcompany.com
>         >
>         >
Editor)
>         >
>         >
>         >   Hi Richard,
>         >
>         >   Thursday, September 18, 2003, 6:51:45 AM, you wrote:
>         >
>         >   RH> gives you two screens.
>         >
>         >   RH> Thus, the case you site will allow putting
Amibroker on one
>         >   RH> screen and the other app to be patched to on the
second
>         screen,
>         >   RH> presumably a spreadsheet.
>         >
>         >   RH> There are other handy reasons to run two screens
while
>         >   RH> daytrading.  Note the "pros" run 3-5 screens.
Saves  time.
>         >
>         >   Thanks Richard.  I *am* a "pro".  ^_-
>         >
>         >   That might be one solution (running more than one
screen), but I
>         >   really don't think it should be necessary.  There is a
>         Editor
>         >   for a reason (to change a quote, or add a quote, or
modify a
>         quote).
>         >   Almost without exception, I'll wager, the information
to be input
>         >   into the Quote Editor is going to be from information
displayed
>         on
>         >   the computer screen.  The inability to focus the Quote
Editor
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         >   (Web page:
>         >   Check group FAQ at:

>         >
>         >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511