[amibroker] Portfolio trading

I am probably not the only one who will have to struggle with the new
portfolio features so i might as well post my questions to the board :-) The
Regular Mode appears to be easy and seems to work fine.

However i have some questions about the Ranking/Scoring mode:

1) The Help says: "This mode uses user-defined score to rank securities and
enter trades in highest scored securities. Buy/sell/short/cover signals are
IGNORED in that mode."

Does this mean that securities are purchased more-or-less like buy&hold: a
position stays open for as long as the security has the top score?

2) I do not want to just switch securities passively (slow trading) I would
like to switch actively traded stocks. Especially Stocks that are traded
with different systems, i.e. using different and unrelated periods and
criteria. So, i want the Equity  (system performance) to be my "Score".

Perhaps i am missing something... Am i correct that this is not the
objective for the portfolio system, am i correct? I can think of a
work-around but in case I have it all wrong i'll wait for some comments.

3) It appears that the stocks are Scored daily, especially with respect to
item 2) above I would like to be able to Score "periodically", either at
regular intervals or at afl-determined times. Is this possible?

your comments will be much appreciated!

herman.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511