[amibroker] Convexity(was Re: rate of change/acceleration - Dimitri)

Thanks - this looks interesting, but I have to work through the code
before I can comment. Obviously what I am trying to do is to enter on
acceleration and exit on decelaration (concavity). You are right in
that the curve has to be smoothed for this to work well, but then we
are starting to lag the market, as in all smoothing.

Will get back to you when I understand your code.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> The absolute convexity criterion would be
> freq = 1;
> y=sin( Cum( freq/10 ) );
> t=1;
> Convex=(y-Ref(y,-t))/t>(y-Ref(y,-(t+1)))/(t+1);
> Plot(y,"",IIf(Convex,colorBrightGreen,colorRed),8);
> Of course, in real life examples this would not help, even in
smooth
> curves.
> Try the
>
> y=MA(StochD(50),50);
> freq = 1;
> //y=sin( Cum( freq/10 ) );
> t=1;
> Convex=(y-Ref(y,-t))/t>(y-Ref(y,-(t+1)))/(t+1);
> Plot(y,"",IIf(Convex,colorBrightGreen,colorRed),8);
>
> Although y is quite smooth, the convexity does not hold for long.
> At this stage, we should sacrifice the absolute convexity for more
> useful conditions.
> Try t=5 or t=10 to see what I mean
>
> y=MA(StochD(50),50);
> freq = 1;
> //y=sin( Cum( freq/10 ) );
> t=1;// t=5 or t=10 or higher
> Convex=(y-Ref(y,-t))/t>(y-Ref(y,-(t+1)))/(t+1);
> Plot(y,"",IIf(Convex,colorBrightGreen,colorRed),8);
>
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > An idea for a convexity criterion is the condition
> > Convex=y>2*Ref(y,-t)-Ref(y,-2*t);
> > for a given array y and a time segment t.
> > Try the example
> >
> > // Convexity criterion
> > freq = 1;
> > y=sin( Cum( freq/10 ) );
> > t=5;
> > Convex=y>2*Ref(y,-t)-Ref(y,-2*t);
> > Plot(y,"",IIf(Convex,colorBrightGreen,colorRed),8);
> >
> > in IB, if it is what you ask.
> > [The non-convex area (red)is the concavity condition, since the
> above
> > condition is boolean.]
> >
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sidleysh" <steves@xxxx> wrote:
> > > DT - the problem with this is that it gives a 2 day
acceleration

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511